Naruto~!

General Discussion
JoshuaTheJames

Naruto~!

Post by JoshuaTheJames » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:42 am

Hey Fellas,

Has anyone else come across this Manga/Anime?

www.narutofan.com

You can buy the dvds on Ebay. I have been watching this cartoon for about 2 years, since it came out and it is just Awesome. I am AMAZED that no American company has picked it up yet!!!! It already has a HUGE american fan base. (Chad! you could suggest it to ADV ^_^ )

Anyways, if you guys love good stories with many Great characters(each with Great back stories of their own) this Cartoon/Comic is for yoU! It's just Story upon Story upon Story...

-Joshua James

Monk

Post by Monk » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:16 am

been watching it too. bengal (I think) posted some sweet-sweet fanart of rock lee a long time ago - you may do a search for it. I go the bittorrent route to get the episodes, and am also surprised it hasn't been picked up yet. I fear it runs the risk of getting to DBZ-ish, but for the time being it's entertaining.

Mothos

Post by Mothos » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:01 pm

I found it a little repetitive after a while, but I enjoyed it up to episode fourty or so before I got bored and called it quits. Needed more sexy-no-jitsu (or whatever he actually said). :D I just thought each episode was too formulaic for my taste. It's the same reason I stopped watching Ranma 1/2.

Joseph Park

Post by Joseph Park » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:24 pm

Mothos wrote:I found it a little repetitive after a while, but I enjoyed it up to episode fourty or so before I got bored and called it quits. Needed more sexy-no-jitsu (or whatever he actually said). :D I just thought each episode was too formulaic for my taste. It's the same reason I stopped watching Ranma 1/2.
Well most "Shonen" action titles are like that. Take a look at Dragonball Z, and Yu Yu Hakashu..

monochromanic

Post by monochromanic » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:32 pm

If I didn't already love your art so much, this would make you my instant best friend. :lol:

My friends and I are rather engrossed in this series. The manga is just incredibly drawn, but seeing the action scenes come to life is what I like most. It can get a little draggy, but it just serves its purpose of making the fans want more. IMO...
>> Grace

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:10 pm

I'll admit it's one of my guilty pleasures!

I get hooked on all that Shonen Jump manga too easily.
Visit the Tragic Planet!

Patachu

Post by Patachu » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:48 pm

I've heard that none of the American distributors have been able to get their hands on the anime because the company that owns the rights to Naruto is asking a super high price for the series, or that if they want to license it, they have to take the merchandising deal too (which is huge). So now it's mostly a bidding war to see who can pony up enough dough to license Naruto, because whoever accomplishes this is going to become, like, the Richest Anime Company In America.

Justin

Post by Justin » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:01 am

I've watched about 80 episodes of it and loved it. Sadly my friend hasn't downloaded anymore and i don't have the patience to figure out how bit torrents work. gave the first manga to my girlfriend as part of her christmas present. I'm such a romantic, i know. :P
-Justin

JonS

Post by JonS » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:40 pm

Jay P. wrote:Well most "Shonen" action titles are like that.
I agree...I'm ALMOST finished with the entire ranma series (been watching it on and off for like 8 years now). I love it, but it does get really repetitive, though for any anime it's usually the characters that keep you coming back.

I guess it's just the characters in Naruto, DragonBall Z, and other shows that never really brought me in...(i got 20 episodes into naruto and about halfway through dbz)

naruto's pretty cool though. I saw a few guys dressed up as him on halloween, complete with the metal headband plate and everything.