Website redesign

General Discussion
househatke

Website redesign

Post by househatke » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:30 pm

Well, my main website is finally redesigned. I really don't feel very good at webdesign. A friend of mine "wrote" the site for me. If you get a chance to drop by, please let me know what you think!

The Zita Spacegirl website will be following on the heels of this one.

Whoo, two websites to maintain...

http://www.househatke.com
Last edited by househatke on Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

Kean
Site Admin

Post by Kean » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:48 pm

The site looks great, Ben. Love the idea of the hedgehog. It's also nice to see that Flight was the first thing you unpacked. :wink:

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:13 am

Looks good, Ben! Hey, you oughtta use less compression on your jpegs, though. They're looking pretty blurry over here...

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:11 am

Nice work! Its really easy to get around, a nice clean design. I can just make out the tree in the background, very subtle. I agree with Kean, the Hedgehog is a nice touch...I've just reworked mine too and it's still a mess!

bluebottle

Post by bluebottle » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:25 am

looking good.
good mood in it with colours and design :wink:
'something really witty/funny or profound here!'

househatke

Post by househatke » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:32 am

Ah, I fixed the link to the zita website. The site is inactive, but you can see what it looks like now.

You're right Kazu, some of the jpegs on the left column are really bad. No fireworks yet, and I still make everything at print size.

Hedgehog has been going on for awhile on my old Tuesday Update page. Wigu is this week, which is awesome because I am really startign to love the humour of Wigu, but in the past it's been things like "the history of the boombox" or "the beard and moustache international competition." Once it was "Buffo the Clown" -he was this really huge, bodybuilding clown.

ZeKeZ

Post by ZeKeZ » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:28 pm

I really like your concept with the tree. The tree seems to represent your site well. The top navigation reminds me of the fruits of a tree... n each fruit holds very delicious and nutritious goodness for each visitor ^_^ Come to think of it, as you continue to care and tend to your tree with good content, it will grow tall n strong. Well, thats my humble 2 cents worth :wink:
Dream... DREAM BIG!!! Now wake up and make it a reality !!

Jason C-M

Post by Jason C-M » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:03 am

I went to check out your site and had to immediately leave.

I'm a few days away from a relaunch of my site, and your design made me feel like I should scrap the weeks of work I've done on the new site and just steal yours.

Once my site is safely updated, I'll come back and revisit yours and actually enjoy it.

It's a great design. I love it.
Fun for Brains and Eyeballs!
with Drawing a Blank: News from the Drafting Table
http://www.cheeseman-meyer.com

neil

Post by neil » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:47 am

That tree is awesome! Nice job, Ben.

dave roman

Post by dave roman » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:15 pm

Very pretty design on the site.

And I really like the the way the Zita Space Girl comic is looking. Very cool style.

Dek

Post by Dek » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:09 pm

If I could, I would sex it up, I assure you. Niiiiiiiiice layout - I love that tree.

ChadTHX1138

Post by ChadTHX1138 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:46 am

Awesome work Ben . You did a good job, it really express' the kind of person you are in your work. I really Cant wait to read more Father brown...
Chad Townsend

househatke

Post by househatke » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:03 pm

Awesome work Ben . You did a good job, it really express' the kind of person you are in your work. I really Cant wait to read more Father brown...
Yes, I am a tree-like person! I'm all barky and leafy. Seriously, thanks, Chad. I'm glad you've liked Father Brown. It's been frustrating work because it's broken up into little four page installments. But next month I'm doing a whole books-worth of them all at once, so I think it will flow better.

I'll post a lot of it as I go.

Jason, You already know how much I like your site, but again, great work! Believe me, I know what it's like to toss out many, many versions of a website. Believe it or not, this was my tenth try.