Bound by Wanderlust

General Discussion
househatke

Post by househatke » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:30 pm

You know what I've always wanted to do? If the guy with the gun came, I'd have no time to plan, so I'd pack a bag with some spare cloths, some snacks (beef jerky, too), a pocket knife, my journal and sketchbook and maybe my unicycle or something. I would walk down the road, past the sunny fields and the cows, to the train tracks.

When the perfect red boxcar came along I would hop in.

A totally unplanned vacation comes after that.

It would probably end up being miserable.

Mothos

Post by Mothos » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:30 pm

A tent on Montague Harbour on Galiano Island, lounge, bike, hike and paddle around all day. Grab dinner and brews up at the Hummingbird Pub (get there by taking the Hummingbird Bus of course!) then head back to the Harbour to brave the frigid waters and swim in the phosphuresents around the dock in the dark of night! Bliss.

carpaltunnelpress

Post by carpaltunnelpress » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:14 am

London. The wife's been there and has many great photos of London and the surrounding area.
Keep Comics Alive!
Carpal Tunnel Press

Ganter

Post by Ganter » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:29 am

Someplace tropical, most likely Hawaii since my mother's there already and I miss her hehe~ A lot of my dreams take place in tropical islands even though I've never been to places like that.

EQ

Post by EQ » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:41 am

a desolate beach in New England. i get so much great drawing done when i go up there...

Monk

Post by Monk » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:17 am

Y'know, Ben, there was a guy who just took off and lived like a hobo for an entire year. He survived and had a decent enough time and wrote a book about it, though I can't remember the name of it right now...

I am fully looking forward to a two month European vacation and shooting a wedding in Milan next summer. Also, some good friends are going on their honeymoon to the GALAPAGOS in September... :o

Reagan

Post by Reagan » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:22 pm

Hmmm. Moscow!

Or maybe Scotland. I'd want to try some real fish n' chips there.

newstreamer

Post by newstreamer » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:00 pm

VC wrote:Someplace that was having a con during the time I'd be visiting and with an ocean in visiting distance.
I've never been to a con and I've never seen the ocean in person, so there'd be no point in going if those two things weren't included.
Ah... I cannot imagine not living to see an ocean, or at least walk the sands of a beach (not my ideal way to spend my day or walks). Haha. As for ocean, ocean - sailing out to the middle of nowhere - probably seems more adventuresome.

Hey, you'll get to one someday, I'm sure. That'd be great if you can go next year to SDCC... then, it'll give me more of a reason to be there.

--

As for me? I think this post was regarding where I'd like to be? UK or Europe - particularly Sweden, France, and Norway. Or, even Japan - if I can afford that or any of my ideal getaway from the States.

Cuts, baby. Cuts. Music, Design, and Culture

Sweet_Baboo

Post by Sweet_Baboo » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:28 pm

newstreamer

Post by newstreamer » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:35 pm

Sweet_Baboo wrote:here are my travel logs: SUMMER 2004

I posted it in the illustration area of the forum, too.
That's a gorgeous site! The design and the way you have set it up. Quite nicely done! (I'm currently am a design student and I awe over well-designed sites like yours - especially with Flash!)

Thanks for sharing.

Cuts, baby. Cuts. Music, Design, and Culture

Monk

Post by Monk » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:49 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Azzamckazza

Post by Azzamckazza » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:20 pm

First - I'd go on a massive trip to America. Check out Disney land and Disney world and all those places I've wanted to go since a kid. Then I'd travel around the states to see if it is as weird as I think it is.

Then I'd take my girlfriend to Japan to blow her mind. Shes been most everywhere except Japan, and I've been there once and loved it. Can't wait to go back.

Then I'd let my girlfriend pick her fave places to visit and go from there....

*sigh* one day
ImageImage

Monk

Post by Monk » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:40 am

Yes, America IS as weird as you think it is... and much more. It gets weirder to me all the time.

Sweet_Baboo

Post by Sweet_Baboo » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:17 pm

newstreamer - thanks for positive feedback - I'm still learning how to use Flash efficiently and effectively, but I try...

Sweet_Baboo

Post by Sweet_Baboo » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:26 pm

Even though most of the places I put in my travel logs are cities, I actually don't like cities - I would probably put in a day to look at architecture, but I'd be much happier walking out into the large geographies and vegetations to see, hear and smell that I'm in a different part of the earth, because there's a glacier infront of me, or a mountain, or a canyon, or a desert, etc.

I would still like to visit the countries in my travel logs - in fact, I can't think of anywhere I wouldn't want to visit, (political barriers aside) to see a different way of life and a different kind of earth, including Antarctica.