MFA schools

General Discussion
dan

MFA schools

Post by dan » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:12 pm

I'm over here in Michigan and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about any (MFA) Art Academies that have applied (ie, character design, storyboard, enviornment design) art programs.

I know some of you guys are attending Art Center and i get my BFA at the end of next winter, so i was hoping you could tell me a little about your schools. Costs, facilities, expectations...that sort of thing. I'm also looking at Paris for an MFA in painting.

Dan

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:07 pm

Cant help you on that one. I went to school for film, and I always felt school actually got in the way of my drawing. But I was a bratty little punk. ArtCenter seems okay if you have the money and already have an incredible amount of talent and an expansive portfolio (meaning these people, who become the school's success stories, were going to do cool stuff anyway), but I think the school is best at simply honing your already well-developed skills and setting you up with connections if you're already one of the best.

Just draw a lot, man. If you want to make it doing this stuff, it takes an inordinate amount of obsessive desire to do it, and you MUST do it ALL the time. Once you have that, school simply gets in the way of your education.

My two cents. :D

dan

Post by dan » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:05 pm

:shock:

I was hoping to get an MFA, so later on in my career i could teach at the college level.

Dan :lol: