What's your favorite cartoon series?

General Discussion
E

Post by E » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:33 pm

:dangermouse

:secret agent squirell
(the newer ones that ran with 2 stupid dogs)

:mighty max

:dexter's lab
--------------
dookjooky.com

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:32 am

My classic has got to be Mysterious Cities of Gold, with the GIANT flying golden condor. I loved the way they'd have overly long conversations about the IMMDEDIATE peril they were in and what they were going to do about it. My second fav has got to be Inspector Gadget. (Assumes old git voice)...they don't make them like that anymore :wink:

RobotHero

Post by RobotHero » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:12 am

Yeah. Mysterious Cities of Gold is the one childhood cartoon that I still think is kind of cool. (Of course, I watched it on the French channel, so it was Les Mystérieuses Cités d'Or)

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:45 pm

Yeah MCOG withstood the test of time pretty well. Sometimes when you see cartoons from your childhood again, they're completely different from how you thought they were and you're left thinking...I used to watch THAT?I think Bucky O'Hare would fall into that latter bracket if I were to see it now. Then again the theme tune to Bucky O'Hare kicked arse. (assumes old git voice)...they don't make theme tunes like they used to....

Oh and Bravestar, that was cool too...oh dear think I better walk away before I go off on one! :roll:

bluebottle

Post by bluebottle » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:33 pm

oh yes the Mysterious Cities of Gold.
seen a few episodes recently. trying to get rest still. doesn't disappoint
plus it had one of catchiest title songs ever. 'EVER' i say
'something really witty/funny or profound here!'

dave roman

Post by dave roman » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:50 am

Oh, man reading this thread makes me want to go back to my parents house and dig through my closet where I think the gas station playset from M.A.S.K. still resides. Between me and all my cousins I think we had the whole series of vehicles...

Growing up i loved cartoons i could only watch over other peoples houses since my family didn't have cable. So Nickelodeon was like magic. I used to love Count Duckula and Esteban and The Mysterious Cities of Gold!

http://www.freewebs.com/stuffilike/mcog.htm

carpaltunnelpress

Post by carpaltunnelpress » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:44 pm

Tex Avery cartoons are my favorites to watch, but as far as series go, it all boils down to the man in the red spandex....

FREAKAZOID!
Keep Comics Alive!
Carpal Tunnel Press

Veleno

Post by Veleno » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:47 pm

Old ones: Inspector Gadget and Freakazoid to name a couple

New ones: Invader Zim and Cowboy Bebop

elara

Post by elara » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:35 pm

Great thread, brings back memories.
Tale Spin, Darkwing Duck and Reboot (first season). Are my favs. I still have the Tale Spin and a few DWD comic books.
~~ Elara

Reagan

Post by Reagan » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:13 pm

Does anyone here remember Exo-Squad, Peter Pan and the Pirates, and the Pirates of Darkwater? Those were utterly boss. Unfortunately stuff like that doesn't seem to air anymore.. The plotlines were surprisingly grim at times, and main characters even died in some cases. It makes me sad that the current generation of cartoon-watching kids aren't getting to see the same awesome stuff I did. I doubt we'll ever see DVD or video releases of those either.

Other than that, Talespin, The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (the one on the ABC network, where Robotnic was REALLY freaking evil) and Reboot were my big favorites too.

OH YEAH, I almost forgot, Batman: The Animated Series. That was INTENSE stuff. I was utterly captivated by the dreary, dystopian look of Gotham. Nevermind that the subject matter itself was really freaky at times.