What's your favorite cartoon series?

General Discussion
dik pose

Post by dik pose » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:57 pm

When I was younger, I watched everything you all already mentioned...but if the question is what is my favorite cartoon right now...then I have to say Futurama.

Monk

Post by Monk » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:02 pm

:shock: I was wondering if anyone was going to mention a series I'd watched and then totally forgotten about. Of M.A.S.K. and Silverhawks as series I have no memory, but I remember well the action figures. The M.A.S.K. ones had the little rubber helmets and all the humongous vehicles, and you could squeeze the Silverhawks ones' legs together to have their arms pop out into wings. I broke them quite often :roll:

Joseph Park

Post by Joseph Park » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:12 pm

Growing up, I've always enjoyed Animaniacs. Now, I seem to have this love for Case Closed. The character design are so nice.

kbn

Post by kbn » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Ghostbusters. The Real ones. Not the strange one with three guys in orange jumpsuits catching ghosts in nets (or something). Also liked Visionaries, He-man (for it's knucklehead charm), and the psychedelic 1960s Spider-man, heh.

DGTitan

Post by DGTitan » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:51 pm

I have to pick a favorite?!? They are all my favorites, He-Man, G.I.Joe, Duck Tales, Tail Spin, Transformers, TMNT, Gargoyles, and of course Thundercats, Thundercats, Thundercats, HOOOOOOO!!!!! Oh and I may or may not have watched a little bit of She-ra... just a little... for my little sister of course... seriously... I didn't really like it... no, really I didn't. Does anyone remember a cartoon from he-man / thudercats era that was about these robots that lived under this mountain or volcano, and they would all come together to form this big robot, it wasn't voltron though, it was something else. There were like two girl robots, a fat robot and prolly a brainy robot and the leader robot? Ringing any bells? I have been trying to remember the title of this cartoon for years, literally. I think one of the girl robots was named Boo, or Bo or Bip or something? Anyone?

Dek

Post by Dek » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:11 pm

Nothing beats the following series - and ALL were cancelled by those who ruin this world! CURSES!

Hehe..anyways.

Clone High
Invader Zim
Undergrads

Mothos

Post by Mothos » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:53 pm

M.A.S.K. was awesome! Except for the kid who's Dad drove the big jet rig, him and his stupid little robot buddy that turned into a scooter thing.

Remember the Robotix cartoon? I still have the toys sitting on a shelf in my closet, they were so cool!

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:05 am

DGTitan wrote:Does anyone remember a cartoon from he-man / thudercats era that was about these robots that lived under this mountain or volcano, and they would all come together to form this big robot, it wasn't voltron though, it was something else. There were like two girl robots, a fat robot and prolly a brainy robot and the leader robot? Ringing any bells? I have been trying to remember the title of this cartoon for years, literally. I think one of the girl robots was named Boo, or Bo or Bip or something? Anyone?
Is it The Might Orbots? http://www.80scartoons.net/toons/orbots.html

Anyone remember the video game cartoons? Q-Bert, Captain N and the Game Masters, Super Mario Bros., Pac Man, Dragon's Lair, Space Ace.

I think i watched too many cartoons back then. :(

Johnny Neat

Post by Johnny Neat » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:15 am

You forgot Frogger, But yeah those videogame cartoons where so cool.
Speaking of this era of cartoons reminds me of a whole lot of shows, but I don't think most people remember shows like The Inhumanoids, Bravestarr, and/or The Centurions.

I remember others like the Dukes, Lazer Tag Academy, and Turbo Teen (man I loved that one), and that badass of them all Danger (wish I had the complete series on DVD) Mouse. Man, did I love that show. Just thinking about it makes me smile that creative smile one gets when they have a sweet idea they are dying to share with everyone else.

I could go on and on like most on this post with my and monay others' faves, but I was trying to keep it as obscure as possible.
Visit the GK Movie Watch Blog at www.Galaxykid.blogspot.com

DGTitan

Post by DGTitan » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:05 pm

SonOfaRich wrote:
Is it The Might Orbots? http://www.80scartoons.net/toons/orbots.html
Holy crap! It is the Mighty Orbots!!! I can't thank you enough, that has been bugging my for years. Thanks.

Unwen

Post by Unwen » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:25 am

Did someone already mention Batman the animated Series?
I really liked the way they caught the darker atmosphere and that was what Batman definitely needed after the Schumacher movie "accidents".

And what about the Flintstones :)

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:40 am

I was just thinking today of two cartoon series that are pretty obscure....but does anyone remember the Go-Bots and The Rock Lords cartoons? I have some of the toys, but whenever I talk about them, people think i'm making it up. :(

dan

bluebottle

Post by bluebottle » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:45 am

yes, I still have an old VHS tape of Go-Bots. also have one with silverhawks and captain power somewhere
'something really witty/funny or profound here!'

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:23 am

I mostly grew up on french television here in Quebec, but still, you'll recognise most titles.

In the '70's (yeah, I'm old so pffftt), it was Kimba the white Lion, Demetan, Hutchi (all in french, so you may not have seen any of them)
In the 80's, it was Captain Harlock (Albator), Il etait une fois l'espace, il etait une fois l'homme, Dungeons and Dragons, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Ulysse 31, Transformers.
From the 90's 'till now, I found myself without cable tv so the amount of animated shows I could watch has gone down quite sensibly. Now I rent most of them on dvds and turn out to be Japanese anime: Witch hunter Robin, Cowboy Bebop, Nadia and the Secret of Blue Water, Last Exile...

But I do manage to catch the new serie of Lucky Luke cartoons: better written than the previous serie.

madpencil

Post by madpencil » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:28 am

There's nothing like the Looney toons that were directed by Chuck Jones.

www.galacticchimp.com