Thanks.

General Discussion
Joe Shig

Thanks.

Post by Joe Shig » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:43 pm

Wow, I haven't been here in a long time.

I was asked by my current place of employment (a design studio) to write a little retrospective of my career thus far (my education, work experience, influences and inspiration). I finished the first draft and read over it. Something was missing. Finally I realised what that was: this forum and the people who posted here.

Looking back, it's clear to me how much I was influenced by Flight and the amazing artists that posted here and were kind enough to critique my work.

I'm now spending my days in a wonderful studio designing characters that become plush and plastic toys for major clients. I owe a great deal of where I am now to these forums and the invaluable education I got from spending time here.

Anyway, just wanted to send some gratitude out there into the ether. Thanks Kazu, Kean, Rad, Hope, Frank, Joey, Pascal and everyone else who contributed to this wonderful community.

Here's a (very) small selection of the sort of thing I've been working on over the past year and a bit: http://imgur.com/a/HDWD7

Thanks again.

Joe.
--Joe.

Kazu
Site Admin

Re: Thanks.

Post by Kazu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:01 am

Thanks for the nice post, Joe! Sorry for the belated response!