Copper

General Discussion
triste

Copper

Post by triste » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:23 pm

About three years ago I discovered the copper comic and fell in love right away. I have read the series on http://www.boltcity.com/copper/
The top one that says "SOON!" used to say something about "coming 2009" and then "coming *may" (*I think) and I come back periodically to check and see if it has been added. Sadly, each time, no new copper updates.
I would be thrilled if more copper episodes would come out. I'm sure you're extremely busy, though. Just a thought. Much love.

Kazu
Site Admin

Re: Copper

Post by Kazu » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:30 pm

I do plan to work on a LOT more Copper. Here's the situation: If I do it as a webcomic, then compiling it as a book will take much longer (the new one took 7 years), and my publisher doesn't like that the material is available on the web. While we worked on the book, the webcomic was a point of contention throughout its development and they often asked me to take the material down. Of course, my argument is that the webcomic actually helps the book, but I can see where they're coming from. So, I have already written the synopses for 5 new Copper books. We're still in the early discussion phases, and nothing is concrete right now, but rest assured that I intend to continue Copper for a very, very long time.

Og

Post by Og » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:15 pm

That's awesome news, Kazu. Obviously Copper is a huge influence on me, and I anxiously await your new books.
ImageImage

briantaylor

Post by briantaylor » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Wow, extremely excited by this news!

triste

Post by triste » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:13 pm

>.< Then I look forward to seeing more Copper! Thanks for letting me know.

Scruffy

Post by Scruffy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:44 am

Ah, publishing :)

Well, whenever it happens, you've got one Copper book pre-sold to me, of course :)

marooned

Post by marooned » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:04 pm

That's great to hear. I bought the book and loved it, even though I had seen most of them already. My daughters love it too. Glad to hear it will continue.
Marooned - A Space Opera in the Wrong Key!
http://www.maroonedcomic.com/

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:39 pm

I may be late coming to this party, but I only just discovered Copper recently through the first Flight volume, and I have to say +1 pre order for any other books made.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:13 pm

Thanks for the kind posts! :D

Blom

Post by Blom » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 am

The Cooper book that is out, do find its way out into the world. :wink: And new once will to. The storytelling and the visuals are always up there at the top, so I think continuing this series in books is the right thing to do. It feels like a place where there is more to explore. Looking forward to it!
Tor Harald Blom