WishTales announced

General Discussion
Og

WishTales announced

Post by Og » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:07 pm

I'm proud to announce the launch of WishTales, a new independent publishing studio: www.wishtales.com

Once upon a time, the path for an aspiring artist/creator was clear: Get an agent. Get a publisher. Get that comic of yours syndicated. Go for the Big Time. But today, the publishing structure exists to say “NO”.” NO” to new ideas. “NO” to new creatives. “NO” to anything that looks like a chance, anything that hasn’t been tried before, anything that isn’t a sequel or a sequel to a sequel to a spinoff.

I know some here have had success, but we've had a different path. So what to do about it? We had to do something. So we did.

In short, we didn’t want to start a publishing company; They made us do it. If no one wanted to take a chance on us, OK. We’ll do it. If no one wanted to let us choose non-standard formats for our books, OK. We’ll do it. We’re taking a chance on us, and if it works out, who knows? Maybe one day we’ll take a chance on you. Somebody has to do it.

- Tom Dell’Aringa and Steve Ogden
ImageImage

thirdeyeh

Re: WishTales announced

Post by thirdeyeh » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:15 pm

Good luck guys. :-)

Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:16 am

Terriffic! Glad to hear this, guys, and the very best good fortune to you. Seems the only way to get really inventive and interesting comics "out there" these days is to take control of it yourself. I'll be watching your progress with great interest!

--M
Image Image

Og

Post by Og » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:54 am

Thanks, you guys! We're very excited about it. We hope it will be good for us, and the community - unique voices are always good for that, eh - and that in time we'll be good for other artists, too. From tiny acorns...
ImageImage

wendyw

Post by wendyw » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:07 am

I wish you all the best.
Good luck.
:D

steve_i

Post by steve_i » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:46 am

Sounds like a good idea. Best of luck!