The Webcomic List Awards 2009

General Discussion
wendyw

The Webcomic List Awards 2009

Post by wendyw » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:23 am

Hi everybody. First up, sorry for being absent for so long, so long in fact that I've managed to forget my old password here and let the email address I registered with expire.

During my absense of been made up to forum admin on The Webcomic List and recently I did the absolutely silly thing of giving myself more work there by offering to run the replacement for the Web Cartoonists' Choice Awards that was being proposed by some members of the forum.

The site for the awards went live on the 1st of this month and nominations are open until the 13th of December with an awards ceremony in comic form going live on the 24th of January (by the way if anyone feels like adding their artistic talents to the ceremony that would be awesome).

We're doing things a little differently from how the WCCAs have done them in the past. Instead of just having a public vote we're having a public nomination stage, where pretty much anybody involved in webcomics (site staff, reviewers, podcast presenters, etc – not just comic makers) can nominate up to three comics for each award, with the first nomination being worth the most points and the last being worth the least.

After everybody has nominated then the top five from each category go to a small panel of judges. The judges vary from category to category and consist of members of The Webcomic List community, webcomic makers that we've approached, reviewers and a print comic creators. We tried to go for a good mix of people involved. They'll make the final decisions on the winners for each award.

There's a list of the categories and who's judging them on the main awards page at http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/awards/ and there's also a not quite alphabetical list of profiles for everybody involved at http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/awards/awardjudges/

Please let me know what you think.

wendyw

Re: The Webcomic List Awards 2009

Post by wendyw » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:09 am

Sorry for the spamminess, but I just wanted to say that today is the last day of nominations, so if anybody has been considering nominating some comics and hasn't yet, time to get to it.