See a Spam thread? PM ME OR REPORT IT!

General Discussion
Stick
Flight Moderator

See a Spam thread? PM ME OR REPORT IT!

Post by Stick » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:10 am

Hi there!

Just wanted to make this thread just to ask that if you see any spam threads being posted around the forum, feel free to send me a PM so I can take care of it. I do come on here everyday to make sure that it's pretty clean, but I miss a thread now and then.

If you see an advertisement thread which you know doesn't belong here, feel free to drop me a PM, especially if spammers have started to flood legit threads with their garbage, and as soon as I get on, I'll take care of it. Thanks ahead of time for all your help!

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:23 pm

Thanks, I was trying to figure out who to send spam reports to. :)
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Re: See a Spam thread? PM ME!

Post by Stick » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:53 am

Looks like some of you have already utilized this feature (thanks, by the way!) but in case you haven't noticed, the new forum upgrade now allows you to report a post, which will make it easier for us to find and remove spam content.

if you look at the bottom right of any post in a thread, you'll see a red exclamation mark icon. Click on that, and the post will be marked.

If you still want to PM me though, go ahead.

neil

Re: See a Spam thread? PM ME OR REPORT IT!

Post by neil » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:51 pm

Often I'll see them and just delete them myself. Should I report them instead? Are you keeping track of who's posting them?

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:48 pm

neil wrote:Often I'll see them and just delete them myself. Should I report them instead? Are you keeping track of who's posting them?

We are through the admin tools. you'll have to first utilize those tools before removing posts however. Report the posts and I can take care of them. Plus through the upgraded forum I can delete all the posts through the admin panel that the spammer made without hunting for each of his/her posts which is really convenient.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to thank everyone who's been PM'ing me, or using the 'report' tool to let me know about any spam that's been floating around. Spammers have been getting pretty creative on here in how they post on here lately, but thanks to your help, the place is kept in great shape.

Thanks again!