comic shops in paris

General Discussion
mr cow

comic shops in paris

Post by mr cow » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:42 pm

hi guys! i know there's quite a few people from france on these boards. i was wondering- what are some good comic/book stores to check out while visiting paris? i'll be there in a couple of weeks. exact locations are appreciated! :)

Okie Dokie

Post by Okie Dokie » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:13 pm

I dont live there, but I do remember a Fnac just under the Louvre. It had a healthy section of bds and mangas, and its just below a museum you're going to visit anyway :P. I remember that the main entrance was below the glass pyramid.

Chris Schweizer

Post by Chris Schweizer » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:42 pm

There are two or three really good ones around the St Michael subway stop (just across the river from Notre Dame). The best one has an orange TinTin sign that hangs down from the awning, and they've got no end of great stuff - two stories (though one's below ground).

If the rotten airlines weren't charging for every piece of luggage, I'd try and get you to bring stuff back for me, Mike. Grrr! Airlines.

Mac McCool

Post by Mac McCool » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:11 pm

Try these, Mike. I put those markers on this map several years ago, so it may not be 100% current. However, I'm sure several of these stores are still around.

And as Okie Dokie said, the FNAC is also a great place to shop (with discounted prices).

To find their stores, try this link. In the box "Localiser un magasin," for the pop-down menus, choose these options:
Par pays: France
Par ville: Paris
Par type de magasin: tout type
and click on "Rechercher"

Have a blast, mon ami!!

Chris Schweizer

Post by Chris Schweizer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 am

Yeah, I think it's the first one from the river of Rue Dante that I was thinking about. The second one, at this weird intersection, is good, too, but a little more capes-and-tights oriented, but I did buy a sweet Seth poster there.

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:45 pm

thanks so much guys!! i really appreciate it.

chris- i'm only bringing one piece of luggage anyway. a friend of mine suggested just FedExing anything back i buy. he probably has more money than me though. haha.

matthewart

Post by matthewart » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:02 pm

I'm extremly jealous :)
[email protected]

"We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams" ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy