Photoshop elements vs. full version

General Discussion
JGrubber

Photoshop elements vs. full version

Post by JGrubber » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:08 pm

Which one is more commonly used by folks around here? Do I need a full version if i am doing mainly colouring/drawing?

Is there a big difference in learning, or is it mainly the price that sets them apart?

Thanks,

john

Josh Mauser

Post by Josh Mauser » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:49 pm

I'm willing to bet that the majority of the people here use the full version. I had Elements for about a year because it came with my tablet, and I was too happy to upgrade to full. Bottom line is that full version has sooo much more than Elements as far as customization and control goes, its just no contest, really.

Yes, full Photoshop has a larger learning curve, but at the same time you have the comfort of having virtually no limits once you DO learn. With Elements, if you're a serious artist you'll get to a point very quickly where you will be wanting more.

Felix

Post by Felix » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:58 am

Photoshop full version is almost an entirely different program when looking at how much better it really is than Elements.

If you have the opportunity lose Elments and get the full Photoshop. Or Painter. Painter is cheaper and for drawing I find it more useful than PS, but I use PS to finish off images...

yamunatri:
When you go to print something there should be an 'options' or preferences' button. You'll find the colour options in there. It might be called 'Printer Settings' too.

ruthrina

Post by ruthrina » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:06 am

removed
~stick

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:15 am

yamunatri and rithrina are spammers. Their accounts have been banned.

As for the question, be sure to get the full version of Photoshop. It is the industry standard.

hanzo

Post by hanzo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:12 am

Yep. Full version is the standard. Elements is ok for photo amateurs, but for us illustrators and comic artist it has to be the full version.
Then you will have to choose between Standard and Extended. In my experience you won't need extended, standard has everything you need if you're not planning to use the 3D features, which suck anyway...
BOLZANO COMICS FESTIVAL 2009

less is more... but not enough is not enough
my website: weblog.papernoise.net

Blom

Post by Blom » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:46 am

Photoshop Elements 1 and 2 was bigger than the once that came after. So they got tools to draw and other stuff with. But Adobe did see that they lost a lot of sales on the full version, so the new extended is build up for home use.

If your working with 3D import or film / multimedia based media, it can be wise to get the Extended, but the normal version has all the tools you need to draw and edit photos. I did look trough the adobe website where they tell you what tool is best for you.

There is also other tools like Painter that can be nice to use, so you need to think trough what tools you will need to use, and find the software that is best for you.
Tor Harald Blom