New to the FLIGHT forums? Introduce yourself in this thread!

General Discussion
Sskessa

Post by Sskessa » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:21 am

Hi, I'm Kess.

mike1900

Post by mike1900 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:11 pm

Hey This is an ideal place for exchanging ideas. I am looking for the Sand Diego Flight 5. Where can you get older editions of Flight comics?

=================
Mike
Addiction Recovery Oregon

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:10 am

Check your local Chapters/Indigo or other misc bookstore around the Graphic Novel section (and sometimes they're hiding on random shelves around the section if the staff is sneaky like at Bay and Bloor). You can also buy them online if you can't find a bookstore. (Also, just for future you might want to post further questions in Questions and Comments.)
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

Ben Montgomery

Post by Ben Montgomery » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:53 pm

Hey!

I am a journalist (well, journalism student), and I have a keen interest in comics, especially the short story variety in Flight. One of the reasons I became a journalist is because of Rudyard Kipling and his stories. Kipling was a journalist in India, and many of his adventures inspired his writing.

The journalistic profession came from the storytellers of old. Children would huddle at their feet, wide eyed, listening to the wisened old villager. Afterwards, they would return to their homes, believing.

The authors of Flight do very much the same thing, except that they must make their own stories. Many of them are true in their own way.

I have been steadily getting better with my artwork, but I have much to learn about the technology and technique of making a finished work of graphic art.

I love this brave new world, and I look forward to seeing everybody's stories. If you see mine, give me a critique. I can take it.

Sincerely,
--Ben Montgomery.
"Many can Bullshit; few can write."
-- Dr. Gardner, Associate Professor of English, University of North Alabama

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:25 pm

Hello, new folks! :D

fvallejo

Post by fvallejo » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:24 pm

Hi everyone! I missed introducing myself before I began posting.

But my name is Francis Vallejo. I'm going into my 5th year at Ringling College of Art in Sarasota, FL. I'm doing the extra year because I switched majors almost exactly a year ago. I was a computer animation major and was about to begin my senior thesis but things felt horribly wrong since I was barely drawing so I switched to Illustration and I love it immensely. I feel lucky to have found my passion. Anyways, I'm trying to get into editorial illustration, picture books, and comics. Honestly I don't know what my "voice" is so my work is all over the place. But I'm not concerned. As long as I keep moving forward I'm sure it will come.

My major influences are Norman Rockwell, Charles Dana Gibson, James Jean, the Russian Wanderers, Greg Ruth and may others.

I look forward to (virtually) meeting everyone.

All the best!!!!

jorge f. muñoz

Post by jorge f. muñoz » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:09 am

Hi there, my name is jorge f. muñoz, i'm an artist from Mexico, self-taught, 27.

some of my stuff can be seen at:
http://yorko.deviantart.com/
http://yorko.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yorko/

Love Flight, love Cooper and love comics

Last Man Standing

Post by Last Man Standing » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:43 pm

Hi I'm Last Man Standing :D
I love religion, comics, and pop culture in general.
I hope to one day be a writer of books, comics, graphic novels, essays, and studies. Also if I one day get rich I hope 2 use it to help ppl.
"Do unto others as you would do unto yourself" -Jesus Christ

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" -Gandhi

thedeafguy

Post by thedeafguy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:08 pm

Maybe I should introduce myself...err...

Hi. Name's Tyler Niccum, aka thedeafguy.

I'm not a newcomer, I've been coming here for years and slyly posting images every now and then...only because I'm very slow when it comes to creating comic book pages.

I have a Masters in Sequential Arts from the Savannah College of Art and Design (yay...debt!), and I'm still a newbie in the world of professional comics.

I prefer stories of substance, choices, controversy, and my favorite, travelogues.

My influences...Tim Sale, Adrian Tomine, Jeffrey brown, Ricardo Burchielli, Ryan Kelly, Mike Mignola, Gabriel Ba, Fabio Moon, and Eduardo Risso.

Umm..yep. See ya'll in the boards.

Agent #1

Post by Agent #1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:15 am

Hi, I've been going to school to become an engineer for the last 6 years (I'm not very good at it) and I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't have been an artist. This thought keeps me up at night. But I like comics and I like to draw comics even though I have no idea what I'm doing, so I will continue to do it anyway.

I think Flight is just about the coolest thing ever so this sounds like a good place to hang out.

hey madeleine

Post by hey madeleine » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:57 pm

Hello!
I've posted here once or twice... under a different user name many years ago.

But I just couldn't stay away!

:)

kinnaree

Post by kinnaree » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:46 pm

Hi! My name is Gabrielle Morabito and I thought I would just drop in and say hi! I look forward to posting and seeing everyone else's work :)

Gary Fields

hey

Post by Gary Fields » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:48 pm

I wrote a hello intro a couple of weeks ago in the storyteller section and then saw this post. So...
I've been doing comics and stuff for over 20 years. Started off with Threat! and Christmas with Superswine from Fantagraphics and Kaptain Keen & Kompany for Vortex in the black and white days of the '80's. Did 2 issues of Superswine for Caliber in '91. Was at Cracked for 15 years and did some Ren & Stimpy comics way back when Marvel had the license. Currently doing gag panels at Nickelodeon Magazine and Cartoon Network comics at DC (although ten years ago they were Hanna-Barbera comics.)
I really have enjoyed the Flight books. The Explorer book was also awesome. It's great to see these books being done for the kids!
To see my stuff, please go to www.garyfieldsstudios.blogspot.com while I still wrestle with getting my website together.
Best,
Gary

EdBickford

Post by EdBickford » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:50 pm

Hello,

A friend told me about this forum. I like the Books, so I had to check it out. I must say, its good to be here with such awesome artists!

Smarth

Post by Smarth » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:18 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Steve. I'm an art student from new york just trying to give some feedback/make some new friends and network. Feel free to message me with any questions/I'm gunna try to give as much input on crits as I can. Thanks for checking me out!