New to the FLIGHT forums? Introduce yourself in this thread!

General Discussion
Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:26 pm

Hi, I'm (as you may have guessed) Evan.

I'm currently in school for videogame design and development and do a comic called 'of Noobs and Men'.

Agata

Post by Agata » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:43 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Agata, I'm from Poland, self-taught.

All the best :)

KJones

Post by KJones » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:28 am

Hello
My name is Kim Jones. I am a Cartoonist, Graphic Designer and Illustrator An I'm residing in Orlando, Fl.

I mainly draw animals, Anthro, creatures and do some comics I love reading Flight and you can imagine my surprise when I found the board.

I'm a very creative person, I draw and create my own characters and make stories around them I hoping to make them in to a film or comic or publish a book. For now I'm just working on each of theses project.

This is the main site were I put some of My work along with fan art and comics. http://slasher12.deviantart.com/

I hope the people here are nice and friendly.
Anyways it's nice to meet all of you. :D

flyk

Post by flyk » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:00 pm

My name is Sara Wilson~ (aka Flyk)
I am a tad familiar with the Flight Forums, but would love to get to know the scene a little better as a beginning illustrator.

My main medium is digital, though I do like to explore with others such as paper, ink, and watercolor : }

Take Care~

-Sara

Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm Mathieu - pleasure to "meet" you here. I'm a writer and graphic artist. Québecois by genetics, American by choice.

I'm an architect, draftsman and renderer most of the time, but I squeeze in my own illustration work around the edges. Either way, I get to draw for a living, so it's pretty sweet. I'm a pen-and-ink/graphite person, and somehow fell into drawing comics as a hobby.

Pleasure to be here.

--M

davidjack

Post by davidjack » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:46 pm

G'day!

My name is davidjack, I'm from Barcelona but now living and working as an Illustrator in Sydney.

Happy to say hi :)

Those are my links, including a comic journal that is updated everyday.

www.imaginajack.blogspot.com - my blog in spanish
www.imaginejack.blogspot.com - my blog in english
www.imaginejack.carbonamde.com - my portfolio

Gracias amigos!

Factory0utlet

Post by Factory0utlet » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:14 am

I'm studying computer graphics in sweden (soon finished)
I don't think cg is for me though.. I really don't want to be doing macho army soldiers, trolls, weapons, cars or anything similar for a living...
(I also hate tweaking and rendering, commercials, too much cg effects in movies, next-gen anything, and creating grass for 3 months but enough about that now!)

I really want to become a graphic novel artist but I don't know where to start... I love the flight comics and find a lot of creativity and inspiration in them so I thought this might be a good place to start...

Jade D.

Post by Jade D. » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:11 pm

Hallo...

Yes, I'm new (my name is Caitlin), and just wanted to say that. =) Eh...not in any special art school, nor have I actually completed a comic, but hopefully it'll change this year.

Nice ot meet you all! *waves*

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:35 am

Welcome to the forums everyone who just joined recently! :)

jess_smiley

Post by jess_smiley » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi, my name is jess smart smiley and I've decided to start posting on Flight to push my comfort zone and hopefully absorb some of the magic everyone seems to make here.

I like making comics, illustrations, and all sorts of pictures.

I'm a big fan of the work of Doug TenNapel, ghostshrimp, Chris Ware and Craig Thompson.

hpkomic

Post by hpkomic » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:20 pm

Hello, the name is David Davis. I consider myself a cartoonist. I do a webcomic and have had some work published in Nickelodeon magazine.

I own two of the Flight books and really enjoy them, so I thought it would be good to check the forums out.

valium

hello...

Post by valium » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi everyone !!
though I've been lurking around the forum for quite some time now, I remained...silent and invisible.
Ok, here I go...
I'm Valia [aka Valium aka neurotic-elf] and I'm a full-time dreamer and a “wannabe-evolving-comic-artist” from Athens, Greece.
I'm currently working as a “9 to 5” graphic designer and illustrator at the University of Athens, as well as a part-time freelancer, often taking more than I can handle, being an exceptional procrastinator at the same time. :P
I love spending my little free time with my love, inspiration and greatest fan Kostas, our crazy cat Yuki, my family, friends, comics and music. I'm usually lost inside my own tiny bubbly world, but I can also be found all over the place and in a webpage near you.

here's my e-gallery:
http://neurotic-elf.deviantart.com
..i mitt spindelsinn..

Craig Collins

Post by Craig Collins » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:24 am

Hello all, it's good to be on board here

I'm Craig Collins and I'm a small press comic writer in Glasgow, Scotland. My drawing skills are worse than dismal, but I'm lucky enough to have a bunch of talented collaborators in the Glasgow / Edinburgh scene.

I've had a few pieces in a few different small press works, and I'm excited to have recently started a webcomic, horror non-com Roachwell. http://roachwell.blogspot.com/

Cheers,

Craig
Visit ROACHWELL....
Ugh... he's got a blog.

Alex Uribe

Hello Flight!!!

Post by Alex Uribe » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi everyone! I've been a member for a few months now, but I want to become active now.
I do Special effects, 2D animation and all kinds of graphic stuff. I love Storyboarding and I work doing news graphics for a local station in Dallas Texas. I have worked in several networks and post houses here, San Francisco and Mexico.

TV is great but my true love lies in telling stories with my drawings, So I'll be sharing my artwork, and I want to thank all of you for doing the same.

Irresistible open skies, fresh wind on my face, the ground down bellow, it will be great to join the flight for a while and discover the horizons.

Fore some samples of my work look for Alex Uribe on You.. know where, Ha,ha,ha.

Here are the links

My Seven Daughters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqcBdL8kF9E

My Demo Reel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vThP4PYQ ... re=related

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:49 am

Welcome here, everyone! :D