New to the FLIGHT forums? Introduce yourself in this thread!

General Discussion
Stick
Flight Moderator

New to the FLIGHT forums? Introduce yourself in this thread!

Post by Stick » Fri May 04, 2007 2:48 pm

Hi, and welcome to the FLIGHT Forums!

This is the introductions thread so that any new members who join the boards can drop a post in here and say hi to the rest of us. It'll reduce the number of 'hi i'm new' threads that have been recently popping up and it'll give one nice little 'welcome center'!
Last edited by Stick on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Firman

Post by Michael Firman » Fri May 11, 2007 4:48 am

Welcome to the forums, Stick!
ImageImageImageImage

William Ward

Post by William Ward » Sat May 12, 2007 10:30 am

My name William Ward. I am a writer. I also have and anthology project coming out called Fablewood which I am a contributing editor. I have lurked in the boards here for a while, but just registered so I could post.

JP Ahonen, who has a story in Flight 4, was nice enough to post a thread about my comic anthology project here that has gotten some good responses. Thought I should come out of the shadows and say hello.

Also, random information… I just got my copies of JP Ahonen’s Northern Overexposure comic book and I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it. You can find samples online, but I though I would add that the print/book quality is excellent and I received my copies (shipped from overseas) in perfect condition.

You can buy it here:
http://www.dailyhero.net/pages/no.htm

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Tue May 15, 2007 1:55 pm

Michael Firman wrote:Welcome to the forums, Stick!
Did someone remove this as a sticky? Unless i forgot to make it one.

lol thanks Michael, although i meant .. nevermind heh.

and welcome to the boards William, nice to see you join us! Hope you decide to stick around!

jgriffiths

Post by jgriffiths » Mon May 28, 2007 4:16 pm

My name is James. I draw things. They vary in quality.

http://www.5oup.net/profile/jgriffiths

Catherine Harrell

Post by Catherine Harrell » Tue May 29, 2007 4:03 pm

I'm Catherine. I do children's cartoons and illustrations. Mostly freelance work right now, although I used to have a webcomic and I'm thinking about starting another one sometime soon.

http://www.catherineharrell.com

cegebe

Post by cegebe » Thu May 31, 2007 6:06 am

Hello, all.

Found this forum, then found Flight #1 in a local comics shop (yes, in that order). Have enjoyed reading it (well, them - the forum as well as the book) so far. Am now de-lurking here.

Oh, and yes, I draw things too. Got a blog comic at http://clarentius.urbanblog.dk/, but you probably won't get that much of it, if you don't read Danish (yes, Danish can be written, read and spoken, not only eaten).

KidVideo

Post by KidVideo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:57 pm

hello, I'm John..or Kid Video, Dan the Man..or what ever you want to call me, im a writer..but i've recently picked up comics, i do not enjoy reading comic books..with super heros..i love the art..but i can't sit through and read a series, i enjoy vaughn bode..probably my favorite, but nothing out of the ordinary, i love calvin and hobbes also..and lobocop..that comic was so far out, man it kicked ass..also bolt city is really raw..kazu is really fresh with them styles, and my new favorite is the guy who does the gabriel the faun comics..holy crap..they're freaking awesome..but thats what everybody else is saying about them too...bajaj, anyways! i have a thread called " New here" if you want to see what i draw..its got a bunch of doodles and stuff from my sketch book, its nothing phenominal..if i spelled that right, bajaja..okay, i've written enough!

rey-o

hi hi hi from toronto

Post by rey-o » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:02 pm

***edit*** now with working links!!

hi!

my name is rey ortega, a recent grad from sheridan college where i got my BAA in illustration.

i've been following the flight guys ever since like, the drawing board days. its really cool following their(your) careers and inspirational too! i think comics can be a powerful and effecting medium. we live in interesting times and flight is part of that excitement:-)

if you feel like it, why not take a gander at my portfolio website: http://www.rey-o.com

you also might be interested in a little project i've started, its an online choose your own adventure novel 'the adventures of cagney', theres a few alternate routes and of course, deaths!

http://rey-o.com/adventureWEB/reysiteAD ... cover.html

i'd like to say hello to all of you in advance and i'm looking forward to being apart of the community:-)
Last edited by rey-o on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheers,
rey-o
www.rey-o.com

andrew fulton

Post by andrew fulton » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:51 pm

Hi, my name is Andrew, I am working as a multimedia/web-developer guy at an e-learning company. I also do some freelance illustration and animation work, but not nearly as much as I'd like.
I'm keeping up a comic sketchblog here, which is keeping me relatively sane for the time being.

jdalton

Re: hi hi hi from toronto

Post by jdalton » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:58 pm

rey-o wrote:my name is rey ortega, a recent grad from sheridan college where i got my BAA in illustration.
Sheridan rox!
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

Tony

Re: hi hi hi from toronto

Post by Tony » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:32 pm

rey-o wrote:if you feel like it, why not take a gander at my portfolio website: [url]htttp://www.rey-o.com[/url]

http://rey-o.com/adventureWEB/reysiteADVENTUREGOcovtml

i'd like to say hello to all of you in advance and i'm looking forward to being apart of the community:-)
Umm.. i hate to say it, but I think both of those links are broken.

EDIT: fortunately, the one in your sig works. Nice drawings!

rey-o

Post by rey-o » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:59 am

jdalton - are you from sheridan too? what'd you take?

tony - doh! man i dunno why it doesn't work but at least my sig does. thanks for taking a look!
cheers,
rey-o
www.rey-o.com

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:29 pm

rey-o wrote:jdalton - are you from sheridan too? what'd you take?
(musters an air of faux superiority) Advanced illustration. The post-grad course. First year it was offered.

Not that it succeeded in turning me into an illustrator, but hey, I learned a lot of important stuff regardless.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

rey-o

Post by rey-o » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:26 am

oh cool! i never got to meet many advanced illustration students - i'd see them fleetingly as they would attend their arcane meeetings with joe:-)

well its nice meeting one now anyways!
cheers,
rey-o
www.rey-o.com