New to the FLIGHT forums? Introduce yourself in this thread!

General Discussion
sandpuppeteer

Re: New to the FLIGHT forums? Introduce yourself in this thread!

Post by sandpuppeteer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:49 pm

I meant to post here already, oops. And you'd think I would have come up with something interesting to say in that time. But these are reasons I'm an artist and not a writer.

Found my way here because a local book store had a spectacular deal on two of the Flight books (#2 and #5), so I finally got a chance to read them. And they were wonderful.

Love what I've seen around the forums so far, and looking forward to more!

cheshire

Post by cheshire » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:00 pm

hello evryone. i am an artist ,namely illustration/comic art, done in ink, watercolor(and i starting to work with acrylic, and oils)

not sure how i found flight(i think i ran into it in long days of doing nothing at barnes and noble) but i ended finding them and loving the while series(especially 2) and thought i would join this community(its pretty hard to find a good, smallish art forum ^_^)

**reads others posts for ideas**

im 22 and live in florida, and i like Icee's, great oddball characters throughout all corners of nerd culture(L(deathnote), Skullkid(Zelda), Twitch(spawn), Edward(Cowboy Bebop), Gir(Inverder Zim),2D(gorillaz)
and videogames(when im not making art)

anyway hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(again)

starrypawz

Post by starrypawz » Mon May 17, 2010 2:27 am

Hi, I'm here after being shown the way over here by a member on Pencil Jack.
Let's see, I'm 17 and from England. Art and drawing is my main hobby and I've been doing so since I could hold a pencil. When I'm not drawing I like to game, read (I'm a big fantasy nut and adore Discworld). I'm also a toy collector, I collect My Little Ponies, Carebears and other assorted soft toys and pieces of memrobillia. I'm a big fan of classic Disney, Don Bluth, 80's cartoons such as Transformers and Thundercats and I'm also enjoy watching Freakazoid. I've got a mild obession with pirates, which stems from my childhood.

I'm a fan of both manga/anime and western cartoons/comics. I grew up with TinTin and Asterix but my real interest in comics started a few years back, partly sparked on by me realising that Star Wars wasn't in fact 'boring' as I had thought as a kid. Art wise I'm particuatrly interested in animation, concept art, fantasy, sci fi, steampunk and comics.

Although I'm not sure if I want to professionally persue art, I do want to improve so I come here seeking advice and the like.

I tend to mostly stick around deviantart, I have an art blog as well.

BradHeath

Post by BradHeath » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:08 pm

Hello out there! Seth sent me a link to this forum, and I am impressed much by the talent. I'm 41 and have been tooning for... ever. I've been a home improvement subcontractor for the last 20ish years, and due to a recent knee injury, I'm getting out of that. Good news is, at 41, I'm going back to school and taking graphic design. I've done comic strips and random art for a handful of small papers over the years, and even co-owned a paper for a little over a year. I've posted a few things I've done, so let me know what you think. (You can be honest, I spent 2 decades trying to get syndicated, so I have tough skin.)

On a side note, I play Death in my son's webseries, Monsters Anonymous. It's at MintyPineapple.com

This place looks awesome. Thanks for being here.
"Hi, I'm Death. I'm the wacky nextdoor neighbor!"

mervs

Post by mervs » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:37 am

Heys, this is Mervin here (or Mervs for short), from the awesome humidity and heat of Singapore. Got to the website/forums after reading a copy of Flight 01 from a bookstore and really liked what was going on in it.

Big fan of Franco-Belgium comics and animation, and it does not help that I have a habit of visiting Amazon all too often! I’m currently freelancing fulltime as an animator and concept artist for games and production. Most of my other free time is spent doodling at coffee shops, reading books, watching animation and more coffee. Did I mention I like coffee?

I also have the tendency to set rabbits on fire. Don’t ask me why, it just happens!Image

Either ways, nice to meet everyone!

goofygraffix

Post by goofygraffix » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Hello, my name is Dan Byers. I am an amateur filmmaker/animator/artist/musician/cartoonist and normally post my silly stuff on my website, GoofyGraffix.com. I think I accidentally stumbled on this site many moons ago, but have finally worked up the nerve to register and post things, as most of the people on this site make my work look quite ridiculous by comparison. Anyway, that's all I have...

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:41 am

Hi, and welcome to the FLIGHT forums! It's always great to see new people join us. Take a look around, and don't hesitate to post your work for all of us to see!

Werner

Post by Werner » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:27 am

Hi. I'm Werner.

I live in South Africa and I'm in the planning stages of my first graphic novel/webcomic.
I was directed here by Jason Brubaker's blog -> http://www.remindblog.com
So, I hope this is going to be a great networking experience!

Cheers!

AA Battery

Post by AA Battery » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:41 pm

New here.

Um, I'm 17 going on 18 in a couple of weeks, Art is my most important thing in my life. I hope one day to have a career in the art field. I love cartooning, I got in to cartooning when I took a cartooning class at my school and got hooked on it. Can't think of anything else to say at the moment.

waru

Re: New to the FLIGHT forums? Introduce yourself in this thr

Post by waru » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:48 am

Hey, I'm new around here, too. I have been "researching" (actually just drawing) comics/manga in Japan for the past year. At first I worked on continuing my online comic, EAT (http://www.beavertoe.com/EAT), but then I got into a non-digital pen & ink comic, which I liked much more.

Looking forward to getting more involved here and posting my most recent comic online when I get it scanned! Thanks.

zerogirl

Post by zerogirl » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:58 am

Also new here, I am an amateur comics artist from Poland. Still working slowly on my graphic novel. Hopeless Faith No More/Mike Patton fangirl :)

otiar

Post by otiar » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Hello :D (=
I'm a Viet student studying in Montreal who picked up Flight 1 near the Christmas of 2009 or so :idea: . Since then I've been honing my skills to hopefully be able to work professionally someday :mrgreen:
Peace, Unity, Love and Having Fun

Nino Bodac

Post by Nino Bodac » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi, my name is Nino Bodač, im from Croatia. Big fan of Flight
Started doing comics some time ago, be postig soon.